Because pictures are worth a thousand words, let me launch right into the before pics. (Don’t adjust your screen, it really was this ugly.)
The patched acoustic tile ceiling, the ugly red paint, the wallpapered 1960’s paneling, the fan that didn’t work, the industrial fluorescent light over the door that served no purposed whatsoever, the cabinet that required a stepladder to reach. Yep. It was a stunner. The outhouse light switch was a particularly nice touch.
But, that antique corner sink held the possibility of redemption. Someday. With so many other rooms and house systems in need of updates, I gave this room a minor face-lift with paint and new lighting.
During the primer stage:
With the wainscoting now painted white, we realized that this room was an example of the previous owner’s DIDon’t. That innocent looking baseboard heater created huge gaps between the pieces of wainscoting when the heat caused the wood to expand. The red paint was dark enough to hide this little issue–white wasn’t so forgiving.
I know. Underwhelming. Don’t leave yet. It will get better in Part 2!